Fair value measurements play a vital role in financial statements. With our experience in understanding accounting standards and their implementation, we provide independent valuations that can meet the requirements of auditors and regulators.
The fair value standards and applications are constantly evolving. Valuations are increasingly being scrutinized by ownership, boards, auditors, and regulatory bodies. Independent fair valuations are often required in order to navigate through this increasing scrutiny and ultimately to obtain audited financial statements. The KNAV team is well-versed in the accounting requirements underlying the need for financial valuations. We also understand the intricacies and implications associated with the various accounting pronouncements underlying the need for detailed and documented value conclusions.
The following is a brief listing of the types of services we can provide:
- Purchase price allocation (FRS 103/ SFRS(I) 3/ IFRS 3)
- Equity-based incentive compensation (FRS 102/ SFRS(I) 2/ IFRS 2)
- Financial assets and liabilities (FRS 109/ FRS 113/ SFRS(I) 9/ SFRS(I) 13/ IFRS 9/ IFRS 13)
- Impairment testing – Goodwill & Intangibles (FRS 36/ SFRS(I) 1-36/ IAS 36)
- Portfolio company valuation (FRS 113/ SFRS(I) 13/ IFRS 13)